Kujenga is Swahili for "create" and the theme for Camp Kujenga is for children to learn that God is sovereign over all creation and that His hand is in all things. Every living thing, including us, belongs to Him! Through a variety of fun and engaging lessons, children will leave this week understanding their worth in Christ and how he supplies every need. Read our theme verse (Job 12:7-12)
Great Life Church Kids Camp is an exciting 5-day Safari-themed experience for children in Kindergarten through 5th Grade! Our passion is to reach children with the love of God with memories that will last a lifetime. Whether your children attend Great Life Church or not, you are welcomed to attend! These 5 days include, daily praise, worship, & dance, Bible stories brought to life like never before, creative object lessons, arts & craft making, outdoor safari games, scavenger hunts, outings & LIVE animal encounters! Read below for more details about Camp Kujenga!
What does the registration fee include?
• Registration includes a week full of activities, lessons, and games, live animal encounters, prizes, and outings.
• One meal and two snacks per day
• One Camp Kujenga T-Shirt
• One Kids Life draw-string backpack
All children will be provided with 2 snacks and one meal (lunch) per day, in your registration form please let us know any allergies we may need to be aware of for your child. We recommend bringing a re-usable water bottle so your kids can stay hydrated throughout the day. We will have water fountains conveniently available every day. You can also bring your own snacks for children who will be dropped off early.
Pick Up & Drop Off
Our Pick Up & Drop Off window is one hour before and one hour prior to our event times (8:30am-4:00pm.) Pick-up is only approved by the names that are given under "people approved to pick up child" on your registration form. Each day your children will be securely checked in with our online badge system that we use in our Kids Life ministry, so we can track attendance daily.
Security & Safety
All of our weekly activities will be held in the church building which is secured with a team of 15+ staff and volunteers. All of our team and volunteers will have already gone through the approval process it takes to go through our Kids Ministry, which requires a full background check and first aid training. Team leaders will be well informed of students with allergies, special needs, and health conditions so that we can ensure each child has an excellent week.
What Should My Child Bring?
• Bible Each child is asked to bring a Bible every day they attend Camp Kujenga. Bibles are available at all services at our Great Life Church bookstore, and will also be available for sale throughout the week but are not included in the registration fee.
• Re-Usable Water Bottle
• SPF (For days we are doing outdoor activities)
• Comfortable shoes and shorts/pants We want to ensure your kids are comfortable for a day packed with fun and exciting things, we recommend close-toed shoes to avoid accidents.
* All items they carry throughout the day they can store in their provided draw-string backpack that will have their name tag on it during the week.
What if my child cannot attend every day?
No problem, we understand with schedules, family vacations, and last minute adjustments some children may not be able to attend every day of camp. The registration fee remains the same for a full week and partial week as it covers all of our costs, meals, and entertainment provided for each child. In the registration form, you can let us know which days you will be attending if you cannot make it during the entire week.